The World Trade Center Kentucky (WTC-KY) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting nominations for the 2017 Martha Layne Collins Award for International Trade Excellence, which honors companies that have shown exceptional progress and success entering foreign markets. In addition to honoring individual recipients, the Award recognizes the tremendous positive impact that exports and trade have on the overall economy of our region.
This year’s awards will be presented in four categories:
1) Micro Enterprise – (10 Employees or Less)
2) Small Enterprises – (50 Employees or Less)
3) Medium Size Enterprises – (less than 500 employees)
4) Large Size Enterprises – (greater than 500 employees)
Winners of the 2017 Martha Layne Collins Award of International Excellence will be celebrated at the Kentucky International Trade Summit. Each year over 400 representatives from business, industry and government sectors gather to recognize firms for outstanding achievements in international trade at the Summit Awards Luncheon. Presented by UPS, the Summit is recognized as the Commonwealth's largest annual gathering of international trade professionals. This year's event will be held on Friday, October 20, 2017 at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville, Ky.
Recent winners of the Martha Layne Collins Award for International Excellence include: Alltech, Peptides International, Two Rivers Fisheries , and Valley Vista Ski Products. Eligibility
Any company that has not previously received the award over the past five years is eligible to apply. Companies do not need to be a member of the WTC-KY to apply.
1) Business case illustrating success through outstanding commitment to, and performance in, international trade.
2) Evidence of executive management and organization-wide commitment to international business.
3) Uniqueness and creativity of international strategy/plan.
4) Overall contribution to local community or to the cause of world tradeNomination Process and Deadlines
Nomination forms can be downloaded here or found on-line at www.wtcky.org. Self-nominations or nominations by business colleagues will be accepted. All submitted information will remain confidential. Deadline for applications is Friday, July 28, 2017 11:59 PM EST.
Recipients of the Martha Layne Collins Award for International Excellence will be recognized at the Awards Luncheon at the Kentucky International Trade Summit on Friday, October 20, 2017. For More Information
Contact: Mark Peachey, Vice President, International Education Center – World Trade Center Kentucky at 502-574-1514 or email at Mark.Peachey@wtcky.org
.Click here to download the application